Saturday, April 18, 2009

Diplomacy of a Tiny State by Lee Khoon Choy


The Author is the first elected politician since Singapore's independence to be sent overseas as an ambassador halfway through his elected term. In his book he narrates his experience as the ambassador of Egypt, Pakistan, Ethiopia, Yugoslavia, Indonesia, Korea and Japan.

Lee Khoon Choy is frank in the sharing of his experience. It was not an easy task for a diplomat of a young country. It was not as glamorous a job as what Ministry of Foreign Affairs is right now.

This book is a good read for anyone who wants to understand how it's like to be an ambassador and the many little details that could affect diplomatic ties positively or negatively.

Overall Rating: 10/10

1 comment:

Collegegirl said...

I saw this blog in BCA 2009, excellent blog, nice post. I love the contents and so proud to vote for this beautiful blog. I VOTED FOR YOU, and recommend your blog to many of my friends. They will Vote for u soon. I hope you will grace me with your precious Vote.Just copy this link to your browser
http://bloggerschoiceawards.com/blogs/show/69551

Google